Elmcor Youth & Adult Activities, Inc
Date Posted: 11/29/2023
Location: Jamaica, New York
$43,000 a year
Job Type: Full-time
Work Arrangement: Onsite
SUMMARY: Elmcor Rising Scholars is seeking Teachers Assistant for a 3K/4K early child program funded by DOE and operated by Elmcor Youth & adult Activities. Elmcor Rising Scholars is a school year/ school day program located in Jamaica, Queens. Lead teachers will be the direct education provider to the children of district 29 and must reflect the values and mission of Elmcor in their pedagogy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist the classroom teacher with instructional duties for children with special needs by assessing individual capabilities and needs; aide in implementing individual education plans; confer with parents and other school professionals; maintain classroom records and :
- Assist in physical care tasks and health related activities.
- Aide in establishing and meeting special education goals by following teacher requirements and utilizing materials and activities to enable individual children to experience success.
- As directed, utilize appropriate teaching strategies, remedial instruction, and behavioral interventions. Adapt materials and activities to meet developmental needs and provide guidance for helping children.
- Convey information to students by employing language concepts, examples, demonstrations using teaching aides and resources.
- Guide students’ personal and social development by following established rules and procedures for student movement within the classroom, between classrooms, and on the playground.
- Provide social/emotional support , a sense of humor, patience and initiative
- Taking accountability for student learning and helping teachers to meet classroom goals
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations. Keep equipment clean and in non-hazardous condition.
- Knowledge of child development and the ability to manage and relate to children with behavioral, learning, physical and medical challenges
- Participate in team meetings when appropriate.
- Helping to maintain a positive and structured classroom environment that engages students and motivates them to succeed
- Collaborating with colleagues in various capacities
- 18 over
- Associates degree in ECE or Child Development a PLUS
- Must have Level 1 or higher NYS Teaching Assistant Certificate
- At least 1yr of experience working in Early Childhood Education setting
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Minimum Education Level: Highschool Graduate or GED
Preferred Education Level: Associate's Degree