Select where you work
If you are a Family or Group Family provider anywhere in the state, a School Age Provider anywhere in the state, or Center-Based Provider outside of NYC, you need to be fingerprinted by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS). Follow the steps below:
- Complete the Request for NYS Fingerprinting Services form (OCFS-4930).
- Schedule an appointment to be fingerprinted at Identogo by calling 877-472-6915 or online at https://uenroll.identogo.com/ and provide the service code: 15441V
If you work in a Child Care Center in New York City, you need to be fingerprinted by the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH)/ New York City Department of Investigation (DOI). Follow the steps below:
- Schedule an appointment to be fingerprinted at IDEMIA Identogo by calling 877-472-6915 or online at https://uenroll.identogo.com and provide the service code: 157XX3.
- After being fingerprinted, you must submit a receipt of fingerprint processing, which you will receive from the IdentoGO center, to the DOHMH with their A-Series Packet.
You can find more information about fingerprinting in NYC here.
If you work (or have applied to work) at the NYC Department of Education (DOE) and have not been fingerprinted, follow the steps below:
- Before you are fingerprinted, you should create a New York State Education Department (NYSED) TEACH Account. Once your TEACH account is established and you are fingerprinted, IdentoGO will send your information to NYSED.
- Schedule an appointment to be fingerprinted at IDEMIA IdentoGO by calling 877-472-6915 or online at https://uenroll.identogo.com/ and provide the service code: 14ZGR7.
- If you would like to verify that your fingerprints have arrived, log onto TEACH and click on "Account Information." Select "Fingerprinting" and "Go." Look for the sentence "Your DCJS and FBI results have been received."
- After your fingerprints are processed, you need to complete an OSPRA 103 form, which grants DOE permission to receive information from NYSED.
- Email the completed form to HRConnect@schools.nyc.gov
You can find more information from NYSED here and here.
If you work at or have applied to work at the NYC Department of Education (DOE) and already have fingerprints from NYSED (because you have Teacher or Assistant Teacher Certification):
You can use those fingerprints from NYSED for the DOE Employment fingerprinting requirement: