LifeWorks Community Action, Inc
Date Posted: 10/13/2023
Location: Saratoga Springs, New York
$19.01 an hour
Job Type: Full-time
Work Arrangement: Onsite
This position serves as additional support to the Lead Teacher and Early Childhood Teacher in developing activities for toddler children to provide them with varied experiences and an appropriate learning environment. This position may work with toddlers with developmental delays.
- Assist with supporting primary caregiver model in which each toddler is assigned to a primary caregiver to foster bonding and a sense of security.
- Involved in weekly preparation of daily lesson plans, including objectives to be posted for parents, volunteers and visitors in the classroom.
- Collaborate in developing an individual plan for each child to include goal setting based on identified needs and prescriptions for objectives and activities to meet established school readiness goals and outcome goals.
- Support social and emotional development and provides positive guidance and discipline. Assist with addressing any special needs questions and concerns.
- Encourage parent involvement in Head Start and other agency programs.
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Minimum requirement is an Infant Toddler CDA (Child Development Associate) or an Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education (focus in infant/toddler helpful), or be enrolled in an Infant Toddler CDA credential program that will be completed within 2 years.
- Experience working with young children in a daycare setting, toddler room preferred. May be required to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be willing to obtain and maintain Basic First Aid, CPR certification and MAT (Medication Administration Training) within the initial probationary period and maintain certification. Required to be MAT trained and certified to administer medications as needed.
- Provide customer service that is responsive to the unique needs and culture of families, such as single parents, grandparents as caregivers, co-parenting relationships, LGTBQ families, non-English speaking, teen parents, domestic violence situations and more.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Google Docs, Zoom or other online meeting platforms. Familiarity with mobile devices, online training platforms and software applications helpful.
- Acceptable tuberculosis screening results and an initial health exam are required post job offer and prior to employment.
- Must have a clean driver’s license and be insurable to operate agency vehicles.
Minimum Education Level: CDA Credential
Preferred Education Level: Associate's Degree
Resumes can be emailed to the Director of Human Resources at email@example.com
- Kid-friendly work schedule
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement
- Paid Vacation, Paid Personal, Paid Sick Time
- Paid School Breaks
- Employee Assistance Plan