We are looking for an education Director for our preschool program. He or she will be a professional educator who is tasked with the responsibility of managing our preschool. He/She will build on the well-respected ethos and reputation of the preschool through collaboration with teachers, parents, principals, and the board of directors.
We are actively seeking a qualified preschool director who will oversee the daily operations and administration of the preschool. The candidate will be experienced in the field of early childhood development and lead management of the school. The preschool director’s responsibilities include recruitment of staff, property maintenance, marketing and communication, financial management, and communication with role players.
To be successful as a preschool director, you should possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as love for children. You should uphold the vision of the preschool with pride and ensure that the preschool meets the relevant standard set by the state. Ultimately, a top-notch Preschool Director will determine the needs of the preschool, protect the health and safety of children, work closely and report to the Operations Director and Executive Director.
• Responsible for establishing policies to run the school, appointing the appropriate staff members to carry out directives, and explaining the policies to parents when needed.
• Assure that the facility is cleaned and maintained by custodial staff in accordance with state regulations.
• Complete and send in the proper paperwork as per state/federal/agency regulations.
• Oversee teaching staff and help them with curriculum development, and early childhood practices
• Interview potential classroom and supportive staff to ensure the smooth operation of the facility.
• Coordinate special events, i.e., program-wide celebrations, parent-teacher conferences, etc.
• Review all paperwork, including, but not limited to lesson plans, quarterly progress reports, attendance records, draft IEP goals, annual reports, etc.
• Meet with parents on an as-needed basis.
• Complete staff evaluations and assist in providing staff Professional Development monthly.
• Additional duties may apply.
Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education.
• New York State Certification in Early Childhood Education Birth-grade 2.
• Several years of experience working with children (pre-school age). (Preferably in a childcare or school setting).
• Have knowledge of the various disabilities that will be encountered in the classroom.
• Strong knowledge and ability to lead faculty in implementing an appropriate developmental curriculum and new education programs.
• Strong supervisory skills.
• Knowledge of NY state regulations/guidelines, DOE programs.
• 3+ years of prior Education Administration experience.
Please contact Ms. Brice at