3K Lead Teacher
Early Childhood Development Center Kaleidoscope
Date Posted: 11/08/2021
Salary / Wage: $56,000-$68,000
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Plan and conduct an effective child development program to meet the physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs of each child.
- Maintain a highly organized classroom according with ECERS-3 (Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale)
- Follow Creative Curriculum by Teaching Strategies Gold.
- Organize each day's activities to provide children with a variety of experiences and opportunities that allow them to develop curiosity, initiative, problem-solving skills, and creativity, as well as a sense of self and a feeling of belonging to the group.
- Maintain a positive, calm attitude and a pleasant, soothing voice, and model this attitude and voice for parents and others working or volunteering in the program.
- Incorporate families’ cultures, talents, and skills into lessons, activities, and school events in a culturally competent manner and create multiple opportunities throughout the year for families to come to the site in order to celebrate their children’s accomplishments, volunteer where appropriate, and to connect with each other.
- Conduct developmental screenings and ongoing assessments of children to determine motor, language, social, cognitive perceptual and emotional skills.
- Regularly share data from authentic assessment as part of the program’s collaboration with families.
- Be high-energy, hardworking, responsible, artistic, and creative individual.
- Willing to work in a team-oriented environment and actively participate in lesson planning and team meetings.
- Committing to constant professional and personal growth through attending all professional development sessions, reflection, feedback and collaboration.
- Have at least Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood.
Email your cover letter and your resume to Oksana Grebenyuk at email@example.com.
Due to the NYC DOE regulations, to work in a DOE 3K or Pre-K classroom, staff has to be COVID-19 vaccinated.