Preschool Teacher Assistant - Hoosick Falls, NY
Commission on Economic Opportunity (CEO)
Date Posted: 11/19/2020
Salary / Wage: 13.50
Location: Hoosick Falls , New York
Location: Hoosick Falls, NY
Salary: $13.50 / hour
CEO (Commission on Economic Opportunity) has an opening for a full-time Preschool Teacher Assistant located at our Hoosick Falls Family Resource Center.
- Assist teacher with classroom management
- Assist in the completion of required classroom paperwork
- Promote children’s development and learning through developmentally appropriate curriculum
- Use positive guidance strategies to teach, encourage, and redirect inappropriate classroom behaviors
- Build positive relationships with staff members, families and children
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent and the ability to obtain a CDA (Child Development Associate) credential
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft office programs
- Knowledge of age-appropriate early childhood development stages and expectations
- Desire to work with young children
Preferred Qualifications (in addition to the above):
- Previous experience working in an educational setting
Check out our benefit package! CEO offers:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Free access to a telemedicine provider
- Paid Time Off
- Professional development during work hours
- Paid Planning time off for classroom staff
- Consideration for Public Service Loan Forgiveness Programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Please note: applicants for this position will be required to complete standard background clearances, which include fingerprints, New York State Child Abuse clearances, a physical, TB Test, and/or pre-employment drug screen.
Please apply online via, https://www.ceoempowers.org/about/join-us/.
Should you have any questions and/or need assistance please reach out to Veronica Gomez, 518-272-6012, ext. 301. Thank you!