Job Type: 30 hours/week
CEO in collaboration with the Hoosic Valley Central School District provides Universal Pre-Kindergarten classes within the Hoosic Valley Elementary School. We are seeking a Early Childhood NYS certified teacher to lead a UPK classroom collaboration with Capital District Beginnings.
Do you have a passion for teaching young children? If so, come join us! We believe every child deserves the best possible start in life. That is why we offer a safe and enjoyable education program which incorporates learning and social/emotional skill development. Children learn the “Kindergarten readiness” skills they need to succeed in school.
Our UPK Teachers:
· Plan and implement a developmentally appropriate program for preschool children, meeting UPK School District requirements (including Common Core Standards).
· Use age-appropriate and positive guidance strategies to teach, encourage, and redirect inappropriate classroom behavior.
· Build positive relationships with staff and families through positive and professional communication, creating a welcoming environment, respecting diversity, and encouraging parent participation in the program.
· Work collaboratively with teacher assistant(s), School District staff and service providers.
CEO is seeking a candidate that has:
· A New York State certification in Pre-Kindergarten(General Ed. or Special Ed.)
· Experience teaching preschool-age children
For more information and/or questions please contact Veronica Gomez at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 518-272-6012, ext. 301.
Check out the benefits CEO offers:
· Medical, dental, vision
· Paid professional development during work hours
· Paid vacations, holidays and follows school district break schedule
· Free telemedicine access
· Retirement contributions
· Consideration for Public Service Loan Forgiveness Programs
Please note: Applicants for this position will be required to complete standard background clearances, which include fingerprints, New York State Child Abuse clearances, a physical, TB Test, and a pre-employment drug screen.