The Assistant Teacher supports the Teachers and the Director by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the children and assisting in activities to improve the overall care and quality of education. The environment will also allow the children to grow physically, emotionally, socially and intellectually. Assistants must be able to communicate, listen and work well with others in a team environment.
1. To prepare a warm and safe environment that is orderly, clean and appealing which permits the children to grow and explore.
2. Assist in the implementation of curriculum activities and encourage participation by the children.
3. To interact with the children because they can learn best when exposed to and engaged in high quality environments, interactions, and relationships.
4. To promote a pleasant mealtime through family style service incorporating using manners and expanding mealtime vocabulary.
5. To use appropriate and positive discipline that is consistent per the OCFS plan for behavior management.
Other responsibilities not listed here that may be asked of you by administration.
High School Diploma or its equivalent and some experience with children preferred. Must be available to work M-F 6:30am-6:00pm. Ability to relate joyfully and sensitively to children.
Contact Carie-jo Cleary, email@example.com, 716-836-1014.