Date Posted: 04/09/2018
Salary / Wage:
Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Leadership / Director
University Settlement is one of New York City's most dynamic social justice institutions, with an impressive legacy as the first settlement house in the nation. For 130 years, University Settlement has been an anchor in the low-income and immigrant communities where we work, offering pioneering programs in early childhood care and education, youth development, eviction prevention, literacy, theater and visual arts, senior services, and mental health. Each year, we engage over 40,000 New Yorkers through our network of 31 sites in Manhattan and Brooklyn. Our mission is to empower the individuals we serve through comprehensive, quality services that strengthen families and meet the current needs of the community.
The Early Childhood ERSEA Director will provide oversight for the eligibility, recruitment, selection, enrollment, and attendance of the children. The ERSEA Director will supervise the ERSEA Coordinator alongside the Senior Program Director of the Early Head Start program. The ERSEA Director will also implement best practices to ensure that contract compliances are met, enrollment strategies are followed, waitlists are maintained, and community partners are developed to meet the needs of the children and families in the community.
Establish and maintain ERSEA compliance for Head Start, Early Head Start, EarlyLearn, NYC Department of Education, and fee for service children throughout the division
Create and update ERSEA service plans
Strategize with program staff to maintain contract compliance
- On-board new management and support staff regarding ERSEA practices and procedures
- Partner with University Settlement departments to develop recruiting materials for all program locations.
- Track, monitor, and analyze ERSEA trends in order to inform division-wide decisions
- Maintain and quality assure data bases including Salesforce, Web Enrollment System (WES), DOE portal, and additional contract-required data bases
- Build and maintain community partnerships that will assist with ERSEA
- Provide and/or connect staff to relevant ERSEA and community building professional development and technical assistance
- Assist with family consultations for ERSEA compliance
- Strategic partner with senior leadership for Early Childhood division
- Provide training and coaching of early childhood staff to create and maintain ERSEA compliance
- Collaborate with early childhood leadership in the development of service plans, including ERSEA and other relevant operating service plans
- Master’s degree in early childhood education, social work, or related field preferred
- Must have at least 2 years of community-based early childhood leadership experience
- Proven track record of managing Early Head Start and Head Start Performance Standards (as they relate to ERSEA), New York City DOE early childhood enrollment processes and New York City EarlyLearn eligibility
- Knowledge and skill to analyze data, develop statistical reports, and implement corrective action plans
- Computer skills needed to manage multiple data bases.
- Ability to travel to multiple University Settlement early childhood locations in Manhattan and Brooklyn
- Dedication to professional development in order to stay abreast of changes in compliance codes and regulations.
- Strong analytic, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to deduce potential impacts of conditions or assess risk
- Articulate and effectively communicate both written (including the ability to adequately describe observations in details) and verbally
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking abilities
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to APPLY