Group Teacher (UPK)
Early Childhood Services
Lower East Side
Mon-Fri (Hours dependent on program)
This position serves as a teacher for a preschool classroom with a direct focus on children 4 to 5 years of age. The teacher will work collaboratively with one other teacher to ensure the successful operation of a classroom with a total of 18 children. The teacher also works with a team of other teachers and family members to implement the curriculum to achieve outcomes for children of all abilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The teacher will ultimately be evaluated on a combination of skills, dispositions and behaviors, some of which are related to the specific service area of this position and others that represent general expectations of all program employees. The teacher will demonstrate competency to perform functions that include:
Child Growth & Development
· Uses knowledge of the principles of child growth and development to work with children, collaborate with related service areas, and communicate with internal and external stakeholders
· Develop an individual plan for each child including goal setting based on identified needs and prescriptions for objectives and activities to meet established child outcomes
Communication and Service Coordination
Record Keeping and Reporting
On-going Monitoring and Self-assessment
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
· New York State Teacher Certification in Early Childhood Education
· BA/BS in Early Childhood Education - MA/MS in Early Childhood Education preferred –OR- BA/BS in related field with at least eighteen (18) credits in Early Childhood Education plus experience teaching preschool aged children
· Basic computer literacy in email, word processing and internet navigation.
· Department of Education Fingerprint Clearance and DOI Fingerprints
· Mandated Reporter Training Certificate
· Obtain CPR and First Aid within the first year of employment
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills & experience meet the specific components you are applying for. Also provide us with three professional references that we can contact (at least one should be from a former supervisor). Please click on the link provided below, or copy and paste link in a search engine and apply online through our career center.
No phone calls, please.
If selected for this position, applicant must obtain NYC Dept. of Health fingerprint clearance and State Central Registry (SCR) clearance (fees may apply); ability to maintain State Central Registry (SCR) clearance and fingerprint clearance throughout the duration of employment.