EHBN, Inc. is a community-based nonprofit organization founded in East Harlem. We have developed and run education-based programs and services in the community since 1965. We operate three early childhood education centers in East and Central Harlem. We are currently seeking an educational (program) director to assume responsibility for the daily operation of one of our daycare centers (i.e., supervision of classrooms, staff, children and meal preparation; upholding licensing/policy guidelines; and related oversight and management).
NYS Certification (N-6) REQUIRED. Please confirm your certification status in the cover letter along with salary requirements.
Assume responsibility for the daily operation of the preschool program
• Lead staff meetings and attend monthly meetings; participate in any special task committees
• Maintain policies and procedures for program operation
• Maintain student records (emergency contacts for parents, doctors and dentists; immunizations; annual physicals)
• Facilitate preparation for and implementation of parent/teacher conferences
• Plan school year calendar (themes) in collaboration with teaching staff
• Manage staff (develop work schedule, hiring/firing process, training, evaluations, etc.)
• Remain current on issues and trends in early childhood education
EHBN Educational Director / Duties and Responsibilities: (continued)
• Provide a vision for program development and execute changes as necessary
• Oversee enrollment process within guidelines of funding agencies (ACS/DOE)
• Supervise implementation of licensing and safety procedures
• Supervise implementation of program curriculum
• Provide support for teachers including professional development and coaching
• Maintain a visible presence to staff, students and preschool families
• Maintain menus (approved by CACFP)
• Complete necessary CACFP paperwork in a timely manner
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field (MA/MS preferred); NYS Certification (B-2 or N-6) REQUIRED
Experience: Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience in a pre-school/day care center or child development-related organization. Certification in CLASS Assessment a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
Solutions-oriented in approach to management issues
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (to interact with parents, children and staff)
Self-motivated and organized professional with a friendly and approachable demeanor Proficient with PC programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
Basic understanding of office machines
Must have understanding of the following:
• Quality Rating System/Accreditation
• Creative Curriculum
Familiarity navigating complex local, state and federal funding agencies’ procedures and processes, specifically ACS and DOE.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please submit cover letter (including salary requirements and certification confirmation) with resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
East Harlem Block Nursery, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.