Cardinal McCloskey Community Services
Date Posted: 05/11/2023
Location: Bronx, New York
$34,000 - $37,000 a year
Job Type: Full-time
Work Arrangement: Onsite
The Home Visitor, Responsibilities:
- The Home Visitor provides weekly home visits to parents that promote secure parent-child relationships and help parents provide high-quality, early learning experiences in language, literacy, mathematics, social and emotional functioning, approaches to learning, science, physical skills, and creative arts to their children.
- The Home Visitor is expected to Build respectful, culturally responsive, and trusting relationship with families; plan all home visits jointly with parents; and effectively communicate the critical role of parents in the development of their children.
- The Home Visitor must demonstrate competency to plan and implement home-based learning experiences that ensure effective implementation of the home visiting curriculum and promote children's progress across the standards described in the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework: Ages Birth to five, including for children with disabilities and dual language learners, as appropriate.
- The primary focus of the Home Visitor is to develop a collaborative relationship with families to support them by being their child's first and primary educator.
- Minimum CDA with Home Base extension. An AA or BA in Early Childhood, Human Services or Psychology with some EC credits.
- Experience working in Early Childhood Education, prenatal care, home visiting, teaching and or community health.
- Bilingual is a plus.
Sent Resume to:
Myriam Sanabria at:
Or apply at:
Cardinal McCloskey Community Service Website:
A CMCS (Cardinal McCloskey Community Services) career offers an excellent, comprehensive benefits package:
- Retirement plan
- Generous paid time off
- In-service training
- Flexible work schedules