Daycare Assistant- Part Time & Full Time
Almond Tree Group Family Daycare
Date Posted: 01/30/2023
Location: Brooklyn, New York
$16 - $18 an hour
Job Type: Not specified
Work Arrangement: Not specified
Almond Tree is a small daycare and preschool in Prospect Lefferts Gardens, Brooklyn. Our mission is to provide responsive care and early education to children ages 2 years to 5 years old in a safe and nurturing environment with qualified individuals who are kind, compassionate, and respectful.
We are looking for an individual who is cheerful, creative and a team player to work collaboratively with our Team to provide care and early education to a mixed-age group of children ages 2 years to 5 years old.
- Provide close supervision of children throughout the day
- Engage and interact with children in a supportive way
- Assist in preparing lesson plans, materials, equipment and classroom for daily activities
- Assist in maintaining a safe, clean, and organized environment
- Assist children with handwashing, toileting, eating, diaper changes
- Assist with preparing/serving meals and cleanup
- Clean, sanitize and disinfect areas as needed
- Work cooperatively with Team, families, and Affiliates
- Attend required training, meetings, parent teacher conference and school events
- Form positive relationships with families and provide feedback about their child’s day
- Assist with completing attendance, recordkeeping, observations
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Director.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- HS Diploma with some college coursework in early childhood. CDA /CDA candidate preferred
- At least 1 year experience working in a daycare
- Able to bend, stand, and lift
- Must be covid vaccinated
- Medical clearance, background check and fingerprinting required.