Claire Heureuse Community Center, Inc.
Date Posted: 06/07/2022
Salary / Wage: 30k
Location: bronx, New York
The Teacher Assistant supports a classroom under the supervision of the Lead Teacher in implementing quality early childhood programs. The Teacher Assistant plays a valuable role in the Early Childhood Program by participating in the development and execution of curricular programs, establishing professional relationships with parents, enriching and nurturing the lives of the children, and assisting in maintaining a neat and organized classroom.
- Work with teachers to implement quality early childhood programs, reflecting the philosophy of the child care program.
- Assist with lesson planning and leading assigned activities.
- Assist in the supervision of all activities to ensure the safety of each child at all times.
- Work with the teachers to maintain a neat and organized classroom and assist in the maintenance of equipment and materials as needed.
- Assist teachers in activities outside the classroom, such as playground or field trips, as necessary.
- Communicate appropriate information to the classroom teachers and the director.
- Communicate child concerns with the classroom teacher and/or director prior to notifying parents or guardians.
- Ensure professional communication and relationships with parents, families, and guardians.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Supervise nap time with the teachers by helping children rest if necessary and/or accomplish work within the classroom if the children are resting comfortably.
- Assist in maintaining all relevant state Child Care Licensing requirements.
- Maintain prompt hours, notify the teacher/director in the event of illness, maintain a neat, clean, and appropriate appearance and work cooperatively with all staff.
- Must be 18 years of age with a High School Diploma or GED and meet at least one (1) of the following qualifications:
- An NYC Early Childhood Career certification Level One (1) or Two (2) Certificate; or
- A current CDA (Child Development Associate); and
- 15 hr health and safety trainings to be completed
Send resume to Ms. Magaly Morales
Must have COVID 19 vaccination