Assistant Preschool Director
Small World Early Childhood Center
Date Posted: 05/31/2022
Salary / Wage: 65,000 - 80,000
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Small World Early childhood Center seeks an Early Childhood Education Director for our Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York childcare center. Our center is a full day educational child care center serving children 2 years to 5 years-old through NYC DOE toddler, 3k and 4k programs. In addition, our center is a safe, nurturing, fun and friendly learning and working environment. We are seeking an experienced, energetic and creative professional to join a team providing the highest quality, educational childcare for working families. Experienced and certified educator/administrator needed with the ability to interface with staff, families, students, colleagues and regulatory agencies. Experience with Developmentally Appropriate Practice, experience with Pyramid model and DOE 3k and 4k programs are strongly encouraged. We highly value strong, creative leadership skills and collaboration.
- Participate in planning and supporting the implementation of developmentally appropriate curriculum
- Ensure compliance with licensing and NYC DOE guidelines
- Effective communication with students, staff and families.
- Effective written communication skills
- Ability to meet physical requirements of position which include lifting children, sitting on the floor and year-round daily outdoor activities
- Bachelors degree and New York State Teacher Certification in (B-2) Early Childhood Education, Elementary or Special Education required
- Masters degree and New York State Teacher Certification in (B-2) Early Childhood Education, Elementary or Special Education preferred.
- Minimum 1 years experience as an Early Childhood program administrator.
- Minimum 3 years experience as an Early Childhood program teacher.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a diverse team, possess a deep knowledge and understanding of child development and problem solving required.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com