Life Works Community Action
Date Posted: 04/11/2022
Location: Malta, NY, New York
Teacher Aide is part of the team who assists in activities in the daycare classroom. Works with typically developing preschool age children and/or children with special needs. As a Floater, will be assigned to various classrooms or sites as deemed necessary for program operations. Candidate must be willing to work where needed within the Saratoga Springs and Ballston Spa area of Saratoga County.
Benefits: Position works 35 hours per week, 51 weeks per year and offers $13.20 per hour.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Vacation, Paid Personal, Paid Sick Time
- Paid School Breaks
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Assists staff in all classroom or parent and children activities, field trips and outdoor activities.
- Assists in developing materials and providing activities related to the cultural background of the children and families served.
- Helps supervise at mealtime, eating with the children to encourage good nutrition and proper social skills.
- Helps keep the classroom and its contents/toys clean and orderly.
- Assists the teacher in any aspect of the program as the need arises.
- Serves as a substitute in the absence of the teacher or assistant teacher.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to equity, diversity and an understanding /willingness to learn about systemic barriers to economic mobility.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Experience working in a classroom with preschool children. Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be willing to obtain and maintain Basic First Aid and CPR certification within the initial probationary period and maintain certification.
- Provide customer service that is responsive to the unique needs and culture of families, such as single parents, grandparents as caregivers, co-parenting relationships, LGTBQ families, non-English speaking, teen parents, domestic violence situations and more.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Google Docs, Zoom or other online meeting platforms.
- Acceptable tuberculosis screening results and an initial health exam are required post job offer and prior to employment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, possess own transportation and be able to drive a company vehicle on roads in varying weather conditions if necessary.