Infant/Toddler - Early Childhood Teacher
Life Works Community Action
Date Posted: 04/11/2022
Salary / Wage: 14.04
Location: Saratoga Springs, New York
This position serves as a primary caregiver in a classroom of Early Head Start children by planning, implementing, and supervising, together with the Lead Infant/Toddler Teacher, all classroom routines and activities. This position may work with infants and toddlers with developmental delays.
- Implements and maintains a primary caregiver model in which each infant/toddler is assigned to a primary caregiver to foster bonding and a sense of security.
- Work as a team member with classroom staff and parents to implement curriculum that is meaningful and meets the individual and program needs.
- Responsible for the weekly preparation of daily lesson plans, including objectives to be posted for parents, volunteers and visitors in the classroom.
- Develop an individual plan for each child to include goal setting based on identified needs and prescriptions for objectives and activities to meet established school readiness goals and outcome goals.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement
- Paid Vacation, Paid Personal, Paid Sick Time
- Paid School Breaks
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education.
- 1 full year teaching in an early childhood program/daycare/classroom. Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Must be willing to obtain and maintain Basic First Aid, CPR certification and MAT (Medication Administration Training) within the initial probationary period and maintain certification. Required to be MAT trained and certified to pass medications as needed.
- Provide customer service that is responsive to the unique needs and culture of families, such as single parents, grandparents as caregivers, co-parenting relationships, LGTBQ families, non-English speaking, teen parents, domestic violence situations and more.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Google Docs, Zoom or other online meeting platforms.
- Acceptable tuberculosis screening results and an initial health exam are required post job offer and prior to employment.
- Must have a clean driver’s license and be insurable to operate agency vehicles.