Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC)
The Child Center of NY
Date Posted: 11/10/2021
Salary / Wage: .
Location: Forest Hills, New York
Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor is responsible for providing services to clients dealing with addiction and substance abuse issues.
- Create treatment plans based on completing comprehensive assessments and listening to client needs and desires, and provide services to address identified treatment plan goals and objectives to assist clients in meeting identified challenges.
- Meet regularly with other professionals and team members, including medical, vocational, social worker, family, etc. to ensure client compliance with services.
- Attend and participate in case review/conference meetings.
- Conduct intake assessment for client admission.
- Provide referral and follow up services.
- Maintain documentation of client case record according to state contracts and OASAS guidelines.
- Assist clients with budget/financial management activities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, sit for long period of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or control; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work is performed in an office environment with normal heating and cooling.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency.
- 2 years’ experience.
- Bilingual in one or more of the following: Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Bengali and others, may be required depending on client needs.
- Certificate from the State of New York as a CASAC or CASAC-T
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field.
If you are interested in any of the positions listed above, please email Shauna Frederick at Shauna.Frederick@cuny.edu, please include either you resume to be shared with the employer or your permission to share the resume we have on file in the Network.
Job Behavioral Expectations:
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health & safety procedures.
- Safe and successful performance, including meeting productivity standards.
- Maintain an understanding of the principles, methods and processes needed to perform the job. Attends staff meetings, seminars and in-service training as assigned.
- Demonstrates the ability to complete work in an acceptable manner by the time and/or date established with accuracy, neatness and thoroughness and minimal amount of errors.
- Maintain established departmental policies and procedures including maintain strict confidentiality and adherence to all HIPAA guidelines at all times.