The Child Center of NY
Date Posted: 11/10/2021
Salary / Wage: .
Location: Forest Hills, New York
The Family Worker will work under the Program Coordinator and will be responsible for the administrative duties of numerous aspects such as: Recruitment, Health Services, Family and Community Engagement, and Mental Health services for the promotion of overall family wellness.
- Perform the functions of this position with a strong understanding of Best Home Visiting Practices.
- Participate and coordinate the development and progress of family engagement activities within the borough of Queens.
- Advocate and collaborate with community agencies to support child, family and agency outcomes
- Maintain family service records that are complete, accurate and where confidentiality is maintained in accordance with agency, local, state and federal guidelines.
- Monitor and collect data for funding streams, monthly reports and annual program information report (PIR)
- Perform other duties, as may be required.
- Monitor and maintain supplies and inventory for the program.
- Order, inventory supplies as needed for program.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, sit for long period of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or control; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Experience working with children and families preferred.
- Some College Preferred.
- Computer Skills
- Strong Administrative Skills
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi task.
- Familiar with FaceBook & Twitter Apps
Job Behavioral Expectations:
- Maintain regular consistent and professional communication about schedule availability, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health & safety procedures.
- Safe and successful performance, including meeting productivity standards.
- Maintain an understanding of the principles, methods and processes needed to perform the tasks.
- Demonstrates the ability to complete work in an acceptable manner by the time and/or date established with accuracy, neatness and thoroughness and minimal amount of errors.
- Maintain established departmental policies and procedures including maintain strict confidentiality and adherence to all HIPAA guidelines always.
- Flexible Hours day or evening may include weekend as needed.