Hunts Point Alliance for Children (HPAC) is a non-profit organization transforming the lives of
children and families in Hunts Point, a vibrant South Bronx neighborhood with significant
opportunity to improve child well-being. Founded in 2006 in response to the low education
outcomes of at-risk students in Hunts Point, HPAC pursued the bold mission of expanding the
hopes and potential of the neighborhood and its families. The organization accomplishes this by
nurturing children and youth along their path to college or career. Since its founding, HPAC has
grown to become a central community leader and currently directly serves approximately 300
children across programs that target early learning all the way through college, in addition to
working with all community school and child-serving organizations towards making educational
success and post-secondary options available for all Hunts Point children.
In addition to direct service, at the community level, HPAC is a convener of the neighborhood’s
schools and community-based organizations, aligning their efforts, expanding opportunities, and
leveraging resources to connect every family with much-needed support.
The Early Childhood Education (ECE) Administrative Assistant will play a key role in
maintaining a productive, efficient, and happy work environment for HPAC staff and families.
The Early Childhood Administrative Assistant supports the Early Childhood Education team and
the Director of Programs with achieving HPAC’s programmatic mission.
• Assist with recruitment for all ECE programs to fulfill enrollment goals
• Manage program data, including managing program registration, and ensuring daily
attendance, individual program assessments, and other data is appropriately entered and
• Create, maintain, and update a master program calendar for all early childhood programs.
• Ensure all ECE digital and hard copy files are appropriately organized and stored.
• Ensure ECE team employee time records are appropriately entered into organization
• Monitoring inventories and ordering office supplies
• Ensure all IT equipment \ being used effectively; file appropriate service requests when
• Provide technical support during virtual classes or special programs as necessary.
• Work closely with Director of Programs to track ECE budget expenses and reporting
• Must be able to collaborate and communicate professionally with staff, HPAC Alliance
members, and local families at all times
• Work closely with HPAC Family Project to ensure appropriate internal referrals and
coordination of services are completed.
• Manage social media activities for ECE team
• Work with ECE Manager and other HPAC staff on creation of marketing materials,
newsletters and external correspondence
• Other responsibilities as assigned by Director of Programs or ECE Manager
• Related administrative experience, preferably in a non-profit environment
• Bilingual in English and Spanish
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational, prioritization and time-management skills
• Capable of creating and documenting systems and processes
• Creative and a problem solver that shows good judgment
• Is well-versed in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Publisher, etc.) and Google
applications (Docs, Slides, Drive, Classroom, etc.)
• Database management experience with Salesforce (a plus)
• Graphic design experience (with Canva a plus)
• Ability to kneel, bend, squat, lift, push, and pull up to 70 lbs
• Ability to work some weekends
Please send your resume and cover letter to Ayosike Akingbade, Director of Programs with
HPAC ECE Administrative Assistant in the subject line at email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, or national origin.