Business Counselor: Childcare Development Program Specialist
Washington Heights and Inwood Development Corporation
Date Posted: 12/09/2020
Salary / Wage: $45K - $50K
Location: New York, New York
Business Counselor: Childcare Development Program Specialist (CCDP) must be a self-starter, who values, promotes and supports the organization’s mission. He or she must be a strategic thinker but also a pragmatic, hands-on administrator, implementer and problem solver. He/she must have excellent inter-personal skills and someone who can work effectively alongside community leaders, local business owners, volunteers, elected officials and staff members. In addition, as spokesperson and advocate for the organization, the specialist must have outstanding communication skills.
- Coordinate the Spanish and English language 75-hour Entrepreneurship Assistant Program (EAP) classroom training with support staff, volunteers and/or consultants. All trainings are held during the evening hours (6-9:00pm), twice a week.
- Provide the provision of training, technical assistance, and consultation to childcare providers and after-school programs in such areas as: supervision, financial management, grant writing, program development, and inter-agency team development.
- Encourage program participants, both past and present, to share their business experiences with participants.
- Conduct intake activities and provide information about the program.
- Recruit, screen and select program participants in accordance with EAP and/or program guidelines.
- Provide one-on-one follow-up assistance to program participants to ensure that they are learning and actively involved in the training.
- Work with existing and past program participants to determine the problems, barriers and opportunities that exist for their business and develop a strategy to overcome or develop them.
- Schedule appointments for participants with technical assistance, financial, legal, educational, and other program service providers, either in-house or outside of WHIDC.
- Assist in the development, translation and reproduction of program materials.
- Maintain the program database and prepares program report for approval of the Executive Director.
- Represent the program at meetings during the weekends or evenings.
- Perform related work as required.
- Associates Degree Preferred.
- Must be a team builder, organized and possess excellent customer service/communication skills
- Flexible and energetic
- Ability to juggle multiple duties
- Detail oriented with the ability to plan and organize
- Ability to resolve conflicts
- Computer proficient including Word, Excel and ability to learn other programs quickly
- At least three (3) years professional experience working with early childhood or school-age programs. Ideally, this would include one (1) year of professional experience involving the management of an accredited childcare facility and full-time staff, program development, and the assessment of childcare programs and activities carried out by others.
- Good communication skills, time management and organizational skills required.
- Fluency in Spanish and English required
- Prior experience in business development programs, teaching, or day care management
- Ability to effectively teach and counsel small business owners
How to Apply: Please send Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Medical, dental, and vision, life insurance, 403b, paid holidays, paid sick time, and paid vacation time.