Brooklyn Kindergarten Society (BKS) has dedicated itself to providing high quality early childhood education to children from low-income families for the last 125 years. We serve preschool children in full-day educational classes, each enriched with pre-literacy and language programs as well as arts and music instruction. BKS recognizes that families – the key to children’s success – often benefit from resources and support beyond the classroom. To that end, our social services staff provides counseling, referral services, and workshops for children and their families. We were rated one of the top seven school readiness programs in Greater New York (out of 1,700 organizations reviewed) by Root Cause Foundation. We provide full day, year round care for children who are stimulated by the various curriculum studies initiated by them and guided by the principles of the Creative Curriculum.
Seeking a mission-driven professional with a strong work ethic, proven ability to take initiative, multi-task, and establish strong collaborative relationships with colleagues and peers.
SCOPE OF INFLUENCE
• Direct client group across multiple programs within departments and centers
• Partners with internal and external stakeholders within Central Brooklyn’s community
• Lead the strategic vision to ensure strong instructional practices are flourishing at all BKS learning spaces
• Oversight and collaborate with coaches, center directors and teacher teams to develop cohesive, engaging, data driven, professional learning to increase teacher capacity and meet the needs of all students
• Experience of and with progressive teaching practices that provide social-emotional support, are developmentally appropriate, play-based and student centered.
• Supervise and support the implementation of Creative Curriculum and Department of Education Units of Study with fidelity.
• Collaborate, engage with and facilitate the work of Department of Early Childhood Education (DECE) staff and coaches.
• Engage in site specific, student-centered coaching of teachers to bridge professional learning into classroom practice and build capacity with instruction and inclusive practices.
• Supervise and mentor center directors and teachers providing guidance and feedback for Instructional Support, Classroom Environment and Teacher-Child interactions.
• Ongoing monitoring and feedback to center directors and teacher teams using observations, formal and informal data; Teaching Strategies Gold (TSG), CLASS assessments, and ECERS-R assessments.
• Valid NYS Permanent Certification
• Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
• Minimum of 5 years of early childhood education experience
• A 3.0 minimum cumulative undergraduate and graduate GPA
• Master’s degree in early childhood education or related field
• Experience working with low income populations and diverse cultures.
Apply on Brooklyn Kindergarten Society's website: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=227413af-3482-4105-ba27-de4bde44355f&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=318924&source=CC2&lang=en_US