B'Above World Wide Institute
Date Posted: 11/30/2020
Salary / Wage:
Location: Richmond Hill, New York
B’Above Worldwide Institute Inc. is a nonprofit children’s organization that provides quality Center Based and Home-Based childcare for families in the Queens, Brooklyn and Bronx communities. Our schools support all aspects of children’s growth and development in a safe and nurturing environment. B’Above provides a sound educational foundation for children’s academic growth. Our program provides comprehensive services for children and their families in keeping with our philosophy that the caregiver is the child’s primary teacher.
This is a 12-month position. Work hours are 7:30 am-4:30 pm (includes 1 hour for lunch).
- Must be willing to complete paperwork including lesson plans, child assessments, child daily logs and classroom logs
- Spanish speaking highly preferred
- Additional center/school requirements may apply
- Must have a minimum of 12 credits in Early Childhood Education and be currently enrolled in an Associate Degree program or higher in the field of Education OR have an Infant-Toddler Child Development Associate (CDA)
- Master’s degree or BA/BS degree in Early Childhood Education or related field is a plus.
- Professional NY State Certification in Early Childhood Education B-2 or Disabilities ECE B-2 (preferred)
- 1 to 2 years of experience working with children (ages 2-3). (Preferably in a childcare or school setting),
- Familiarity with Head Start/Early Head Start, the Creative Curriculum, preschool assessments, creating lesson plans, behavior management and early childhood practices.