Lead Preschool Teacher:
energetic staff to join our dynamic team! Our Lead Teachers work with young infants/toddlers/preschool/prek children. Compensation is attractive, commensurate with degree and/or experience.
The ideal candidate should:
* Love children and have a passion for teaching.
* Be nurturing and flexible, willing to learn and adapt, and have a positive attitude.
* Enjoy communicating with parents.
* Ideally have a CDA or BA in education (focus on early childhood education preferred), or foreign equivalent.
* Preferably have prior classroom experience.
* Be a team player.
The candidate will function as an integral part of a team of educators in implementing lesson plans and creating a warm, welcoming and positive class environment. The ideal candidate will be a great team player, will continually strive for excellence, be a strong communicator, a fast learner, and will seek growth and development. Opportunity abounds with room for development and advancement!
* Exemplify the Lightbridge Academy core values.
* Be a strong role model, strive for excellence.
* Create and develop strong parent and staff relationships that result in high rate of retention and referrals
* Maintain confidentiality in dealing with all company information including: policies, procedures, student, parent and staff records and conversations
* Participate in open houses and in-house family events
* Help to ensure proper ratios are maintained at all times and substitute in classrooms if necessary
* Maintain confidentiality in dealing with all company information including: policies, procedures, student, parent and staff records and conversations.
* Fully understand and ensure proper implementation of the Lightbridge Academy curriculum by age group
* Participate in staff meetings and workshops
* Mentor new staff
* Understand and adhere to all state and local educational and licensing requirements, policies and procedures
* Adhere to all Lightbridge Academy policies and procedures
* Complete a minimum of 20 hours of ongoing professional development
* Complete CPR and First Aid certification
* Participate in monthly staff training events.
Caring is at the core of what makes every Lightbridge Academy childcare center so special. We specialize on caring for the needs of the entire Lightbridge Academy family through our unique “Circle of Care.” As part of this philosophy, parents, children, and staff are all equally important.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Minimum a CDA or BA in education (focus on Early Childhood preferred)
* Two years or more of childcare experience.
* Strong time-management, leadership and organizational skills.
* The ability to multi-task and be flexible.
Lightbridge Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time (8-5)
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
To apply: Email Kristy Roy at email@example.com
Kristy Roy | Center Director
20 Carmans Road | Massapequa, NY 11758 | P 516-797-3400 | F 516-882-2178