Harbor Child Care, Inc.
Date Posted: 11/11/2020
Salary / Wage: Based on experience
Location: Various Locations , New York
LPN/ Traveling Nurse
Under supervision of the Director of Health Services/Center Director, the Nurse shall be responsible for working within the framework of Harbor Child Care, carrying out its functions, policies and procedures, which include but are not limited to:
The Nurse is responsible for overseeing and maintaining health and safety standards throughout the center and has direct supervision in the classrooms in all areas of health and safety. The Nurse will keep the director current (in all areas of responsibilities).
- Care for sick or injured children
- First Aid and emergency treatment of ill and injured children and staff when on site. Available to help make medical decisions when off site.
- Act as liaison for Center regarding medical issues with outside sources
- Maintains medical records for UPK
- Evaluates UPK children medical records and supervises medical assistant in keeping medical files up-to-date.
- Ensures compliance with New York State immunization laws and New York State Dept. of Social Services regulations.
- Evaluates and organizes staff training needs in areas of health and safety (i.e., CPR, Child Abuse Recognition).
- Maintains annual physicals for children
- Immunization records/immunization survey
- Immunization requirements for Kindergarten
- Prepares evacuation plan for all centers
- Performs workshops on car seat safety, hand washing, germs, body awareness, nutrition, etc.
- Infectious Disease, first aid
- Shaken Baby Syndrome
- Medication Administration
- Child Abuse Recognition training
- Emergency Protocol, Evacuation plan
- Assists in setting health policies, implementing & updating Health care plans for all Harbor sites
- Oversee accident reports
- Oversees administration of medication
- Assists in determining reporting to CPS
- Acts as a liaison with Pediatricians
LNP or Medical Assistant Certification, experience in well baby care, 2 to 3 years’ experience preferred.
To apply email Florence Barbour at: email@example.com