Harbor Child Care, Inc.
Date Posted: 11/11/2020
Salary / Wage: experience
Location: Different locations , New York
Under the supervision of the Assistant Dir./Center Dir. or their designee, the Head Teacher shall be responsible for working within the framework of Harbor Child Care and carrying out its functions, educational philosophy, policies and procedures as follows but not limited to:
The Head Teacher is responsible for the planning and execution of a program that takes into account the educational, social development and health needs of the group as well as the individual child. The Head Teacher is responsible for active supervision of the Associate Teacher, Assistant Teacher, Aides and Substitute Teacher in all classroom activities, on and off school grounds. The Head Teacher is required to lift and carry children as well as physically actively participate in age appropriate activities for the class.
- Develops a program of developmentally appropriate practices.
- Upholds Harbor’s philosophy and policies, i.e. health & safety, nutrition and regulations as stated in the Parent Policy, New Employee Welcome Manual and Employee Handbook.
- Actively implements age appropriate The Creative Curriculum.
- Respects the confidential nature of all information about parents, children and staff.
- Supports and participates in an active outdoor time.
- Plans with all classroom staff and keeps them informed regarding meetings, events and training.
- Brings to the attention of the Assistant Director/Director any difficulties concerning the supervision of classroom staff.
- Responsible for supervision of the children or for designating appropriately qualified personnel in your absence as well as inform Assistant Teacher/Director.
- Supports and actively participates in an active work time.
- Works with Assistant Director/Director concerning children with special needs.
- Records personal attendance using handscanner (failure to accurately report hours could result in incorrect pay).
- Record and report children’s daily attendance and notify the main office.
- Adheres to Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) procedures, New York State Office of Children and Family Services (NYSOCFS), and National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) regulations regarding record keeping and reporting.
- Ensures that all incidents/accidents are recorded on the appropriate forms and signed by parent upon pick-up of their child. These forms become part of the child’s file after the parent’s signature is obtained.
- Responsible for planning and arranging classroom equipment and furniture in order to promote optimal program functioning and which represents the High Scope curriculum
- Encourages maximum constructive use of material and equipment.
- Keeps equipment accessible and in good condition.
- Removes damaged or hazardous equipment and reports it to the Head Teacher.
- Fosters positive parent relationships through respecting the confidential nature of all information about parents and children.
- Provides a forum for ongoing communication – daily notes, phone calls, etc.
- Uses “Contact Notes” for staff and parent concerns.
- Attends and participates in parent/teacher meetings.
- Assumes responsibility for discussing his/her professional performance objectively at regularly scheduled supervisor conferences with the Education Coordinator or Program Director using these conferences as a source of information and professional guidance.
- Attends required staff meetings, trainings and workshops
- Attends weekly planning meetings with the Education Director or Program Director.
H.S. Diploma or GED and CDA or AA/BA/MA in Early Childhood Education.
To apply: Florence Barbour at firstname.lastname@example.org