Part-Time Teacher Assistant
Commission on Economic Opportunity (CEO)
Date Posted: 09/28/2020
Salary / Wage: $13.50/hour
Location: Hoosick Falls , New York
Hours per week: 20
Job Type: Part-time
CEO has an opening for a part-time Teacher Assistant in Hoosick Falls. This position is 20 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 10:00am - 2:00pm. This position offers paid school shut down weeks (in February, April and December), weekends off and is eligible for paid holidays.
Please note: applicants for this position will be required to complete standard background clearances, which include fingerprints, New York State Child Abuse clearances, a physical, TB Test, and / or pre-employment drug screen.
- Provide lunch coverage for classrooms at the Hoosick Falls Family Resource Center and Hoosick Falls Central School District.
- Assist teachers in promoting children’s development and learning through the implementation of a developmentally appropriate curriculum
- Use age-appropriate and positive guidance strategies to teach, encourage, and redirect inappropriate classroom behavior
- Build positive relationships with staff and families through positive and professional communication, creating a welcoming environment, respecting diversity, and encouraging parent participation
** CEO facilitates Child Development Associate (CDA) courses on-site for selected candidates, who are required to obtain a CDA Credential within their first year of employment. **
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience working with young children required
- Valid and Clean NYS Driver's License and daily access to a personal vehicle
For more information and/or questions please contact, Veronica Gomez at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at, 518-272-6012, ext. 301.
Check out our benefit package! CEO offers:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Free access to a Telemedicine provider
- Paid Time Off
- Professional development during work hours
- Paid Planning time off for classroom staff
- Consideration for Public Service Loan Forgiveness Programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)