Lead Daycare Teacher
Capital District YMCA
Date Posted: 09/24/2020
Salary / Wage: 14.90
Location: Duanesbury, New York
The Capital District YMCA is seeking Full-Time Lead Teachers for our Early Learning Centers!
Our Lead Early Learning Teacher structures a developmentally appropriate educational experience in the classroom using methods such as storytelling, games, and activities. As a Lead Teacher, you will provide a quality experience to children and parents that focuses on building achievement and belonging in youth and relationships among other youth and within families.
- AAS in Child Development, Elementary Ed, Physical Ed, Recreation or related field with no prior experience OR Child Development Associate Credential WITH one year prior experience OR 9 college credits in Child Development, Elementary Ed, Physical Ed, Recreation or related field WITH two years direct experience with children.
- Previous experience with diverse populations. Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
- Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred.
- Submission of NYS Medical Statement of Childcare Staff Form documenting physician clearance to work in a childcare setting as well as TB Test which meets Health and Social Service requirement.
- Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff; CPR; First Aid; AED; Blood borne Pathogens to be completed within 30 days of hire.
Please apply directly to our website by clicking the link below:
All certifications, diplomas and/or credentials must be presented in the documents section for consideration.
Full-Time Position available with full benefits and pension plan. Locations are Duanesburg, Scotia and Clifton Park.
Starting rate is $14.90 per hour.