- Provides jobs for undergraduate and graduate students in financial need
- Allows students to earn money to help pay educational expenses
- Encourages community service work and work related to each student’s course of study
- Complete the FAFSA to apply
Are Federal Work-Study jobs on campus or off campus?
- If you work on campus, you’ll usually work for your college/university.
- If you work off campus, your employer will usually be a private nonprofit organization or a public agency, and the work performed must be in the public interest.
- Assistance in finding a Federal Work-Study job is available at the financial aid office on your college campus.
Can I work as many hours as I want?
- The amount you earn can’t go beyond the total Federal Work-Study awarded.
- When giving out work hours, the employer or financial aid administrator will take into account your class schedule and academic progress.
For more information visit: http://www.studentaid.ed.gov
Or call: 1-800-4-FEDAID (1-800-433-3243)