Family & Community Partnerships Coordinator
Manhattan and/or Brooklyn
Mon-Fri; 8am-4pm or 10:30am-6pm
The Family Worker is responsible for implementing the core family partnership, parent involvement, and community partnership functions for the center-based option of Grand Street Settlement’s Child care program. The Family Worker recruits and enrolls children for the program and then uses a family development model to support and assist families as they identify and meet goals they establish in Family Partnerships Agreements. This position also assists with the completion of the child health requirements and other required screenings and assessments. This position supports the larger system of social services coordinated by Grand Street Settlement thereby supporting the goals of the program. The position may involve reassignment of caseload and/or center location as deemed necessary for program operations.
· Recruitment, Selection, and Enrollment Select children and families based on approved “Selection Criteria” and maintain a waiting list of eligible children to enroll in the event of attrition; Assign children to program options (dual eligible, HS, or CC) that best meet the needs of their families
· Family Partnerships: Work with families on an individualized basis throughout the year to identify family goals, strengths, and necessary services and supports, and to track progress in achieving family goals (Family Partnerships Agreements)
· Associates Degree required in Sociology, Psychology, Human Development, Early Childhood Education or related field; Bachelor’s Degree/BSW preferred
· Experience and training related to field of social or human services
· Experience, training, and skills in assisting the parents of young children in advocating and decision-making for their families. Ability to develop positive relationships with children and parents
· Knowledge of community based organizations preferred
· Proficient computer skills required and knowledge of MS Office
· Must be able to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the families
· Participates in required professional development activities to enhance skills
· Maintain certification in CPR and First Aid
HOW TO APPLY:
Please read the specialty opportunities listed below and submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills & experience meet the specific components you are applying for. Also provide us with three professional references that we can contact (at least one should be from a former supervisor). Please click or use the link below in a search car and apply online through our career center.
No phone calls, please.
If selected for this position, applicant must obtain NYC Dept. of Health fingerprint clearance and State Central Registry (SCR) clearance (fees may apply); ability to maintain State Central Registry (SCR) clearance and fingerprint clearance throughout the duration of employment.