South Bronx Rising Together (SBRT) is a collective impact initiative that organizes community stakeholders toward
ensuring all children in Bronx Community District 3 are on a pathway to college and career success.
The Child Care Specialist will be responsible for assessing the current early childhood care landscape and working with parents, providers,
and other stakeholders to address issues of quality and facilitate community-led action.
· Engage & establish relationships with child care providers in the community
· Design and execute a detailed, block by block, survey of the early childhood programs currently operating in Community District 3 in the Bronx
· Engage and build relationships with community-based organizations, especially those related to home-based child care
· Facilitate provider discussions and work towards action on child care policy and quality of care issues
· Be able to collect, organize, and manage data on child care programs
· A Bachelor’s degree required in Social Work, Nonprofit Management, Education or a related field
· A minimum of 2-4 years of experience working in community engagement, child care or other related experiences
· Have knowledge of child care landscape (including different types of programs, funding sources, policy, etc.)
· Strong organizational and communication skills
· Bilingual in English and Spanish required
· Be able to convene group of diverse stakeholders and work towards results-based action
· Have strong data management skills
· Ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively as part of a larger team
· Experience working with culturally and economically diverse communities (strongly preferred)
· Experience or knowledge of local community (strongly preferred)
· Experience engaging with child care staff in the community (strongly preferred)
Please apply on the Children's Aid website. For any additional questions, please contact Early Learning System Manager, Lara Kyriakou, at email@example.com.
Full-time position, hours are Monday through Friday.