Kingsbridge Heights Community Center
Date Posted: 04/05/2019
Salary / Wage: Salary based on DC 1707 Union Contract, generous health, pension, life & disability insurance and ti
Location: Bronx, New York
Job Type: Teacher
KHCC, 2nd largest provider of comprehensive early childhood programming in the Bronx, is adding highly qualified and dynamic teachers to their ELNY ECS department!
The Lead Teacher is accountable for ensuring that the Child Care Program is a warm, nurturing, safe and loving environment for each child, where safe concepts are enhanced, independence is encouraged and individually respected. The Lead Teacher will function as a team-leader, responsible for Teacher assistant and Teacher assistants.
Job Title: Lead Teacher, Early Learn New York (ELNY)
Supervision: Reports to Education Site Supervisor
Hours: Monday – Friday, 7:45 am – 4:00 pm, Hours subject to change based on program needs
Compensation: Salary based on DC 1707 Union Contract, generous health, pension, life & disability insurance and time-off!
Job Type: Full-time
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Has thorough understanding of Head Start Performance Standards.
- Sets up/maintains an appropriate classroom environment for preschool children.
- Plans and implements a curriculum of developmentally appropriate activities for the children using the Creative Curriculum.
- Assesses individual children’s strengths and areas in need of improvement (daily observation notes, formal assessments 3 times yearly) using Teaching Strategies Gold.
- Incorporates parent involvement through monthly class meetings, and parent conferences/home visits twice annually.
- Adapts and incorporates curriculum for children with special needs in coordination with written IEP’s, team planning and parental input, as well as referral out for evaluations.
- Attends team meetings monthly.
- Attends regular supervision meetings with supervisor.
- Participates in available training opportunities (in service, conferences).
- Clearance through NY State Central Registry and criminal background check (DOI and/or DOE Fingerprints) prior to employment.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Director.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Early Childhood Education
- New York State Teacher Certification B-2 or N-6
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Mandated Reporter Certification a plus
- Experience working with children 3 – 5 years
- Will be required to obtain fingerprints prior to employment
Please send resumes to: Marisol Rios, ECS Co-Director, at email@example.com , (718) 884-0700 ext 156