Operations Associate - Middle School
Ascend Public Charter Schools
Date Posted: 12/06/2018
Salary / Wage:
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Job Type: Other
At Ascend, we're excited about educators who are committed to educational excellence and are fired up about our liberal arts program, positive approach to discipline, and commitment to serve all students. At Ascend we invest in your professional growth--training, supporting, and collaborating with you every step of the way.
Join us as we foster our students' innate curiosities, encourage discussion and debate, and guide students to think, imagine, debate, and create.
The operations associate is the first and primary point of contact to the school for parents, visitors, community members, and other external parties. The associate needs to warmly, courteously, and effectively interact with these parties, ensuring that their experience with the school is consistently positive. The operations associate provides a centralized administrative resource to the school and fulfills a range of administrative duties.
Why extraordinary leaders lead at Ascend
Ascend is a growing network of K-12 public charter schools serving 5,000 students across 12 schools in Central Brooklyn and offering a new model for public education. Our mission is to lead our students on a great intellectual journey, providing them with an exceptional education and placing them firmly on the path to success in college and beyond.
We guide our students to think critically and independently and to enjoy education as an end in itself. We teach a rich and rigorous liberal arts curriculum that nurtures students' natural curiosity about the world. We foster a positive, non-punitive school culture where students feel connected, empowered, and safe to take academic risks. Even our school buildings are designed to reflect our high aspirations for teaching and learning and the notable accomplishments that occur within our walls.
To create this kind of vibrant learning community, we invest heavily in our faculty by providing ongoing professional training and support, and encourage our educators to collaborate closely and push each other to achieve great outcomes.
Visit our website to learn more about the Ascend approach.
The operations associate must be present and engaged Monday through Friday, except holidays, and work occasional evenings on weeknights and occasional weekends, including parent events. This position has a year-round schedule, with time-off for school holidays and vacation. Additionally, the operations associate will:
- Greet all visitors and control access to the school, school administration, and instructional teams, setting the tone for the school's warm and professional culture
- Process all incoming phone calls, make public announcements and outgoing robocalls
- Ensure the school's main office environment is at all times clean, neat, organized and orderly
- Collect and maintain forms and other records, securing missing forms, and ensuring the confidentiality of all scholar records
- Use the school's student information system (SIS) to reconcile scholar attendance, tardiness and absences daily, following up with parents as required
- Produce accurate and timely student attendance reports
- Use the SIS and other systems (Infinite Campus, School Mint, ATS, Illuminate) to maintain and update all scholar contact/demographic information
- Ensure the well-being of scholars at all times by following the school's safety protocols
- Ensure memos, notices, and other school-specific documents are delivered to and collected from classrooms and processed daily
- Occasionally assist the school nurse with the handling of sick students
- Plan and prepare for school events and activities
- Create and process purchase orders daily utilizing the network accounting system (Intacct)
- Contact vendors via phone, obtain quotes and reconcile discrepancies
- Track supplies inventory, resulting in a positive and productive office environment
- Assist director of operations with special/time-sensitive projects throughout the year, including but not limited to: summer inventory, school year startup, scholar enrollment, assemblies, end of year closeout, and parent events
- Update dismissal sheets daily for classrooms and distribute to staff
- Record and track uniform violations
- Perform additional duties designated by the director of operations for the school's successful functioning
Staff and reporting relationships
The operations associate reports to the director of operations.
- Bachelor's degree required;
- Two or more years of experience in an office environment, preferably an education-related organization
- Experience with data management systems such as Infinite Campus, Illuminate DNA, Automate The Schools (ATS)
- Passion and commitment to urban education and our ultimate goal of closing the achievement gap
- A “can do” attitude and the enthusiasm to be a hard-working, team player who is relentless in the pursuit of the school's academic objectives
- An openness to accept and implement feedback and engage in a process of self-improvement
- A winning personality and a professional demeanor that conveys warmth, caring, and responsiveness to children, parents, and staff at all times
- Strong organizational skills and thorough attention to detail
- Effective written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks of varying complexity and to stay organized in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Robust computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office
Diversity at Ascend
Ascend is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community, both through our hiring practices and our focus on creating a culture and environment where diverse perspectives, ideas, and identities are valued and integrated into our way of working and educating students. Ascend staff represent a wide diversity of racial, socio-economic, gender, religious, and national identities—opening a window to the entire Ascend community on the richness of humanity. We welcome all applicants who share our mission and vision to join us in our deeply consequential work.
Ascend offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit www.ascendschools.org/careers to learn more about the benefits of working at Ascend.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/d87nrytknk2fkycq