La Petite Colline is a private nursery school offering an English-French bilingual education in the a beautiful Fort Greene, Brooklyn neighborhood.
Welcoming children from one to five-years-of-age, the school is a space rich in learning opportunities. It consists of 6 classrooms on two floors and a beautiful exploration garden in which children can experience the joys of the surrounding nature.
La Petite Colline is looking for a loving, fun and well organized Lead Teachers to complement our team.
La Petite Colline is a progressive school that places great importance on the fact that the first years of a child's life are a precious and magical time. The school wishes to cherish these years and support families by practicing an individualized approach. La Petite Colline’s goal is to make our families’ time an unforgettable experience.
The curriculum and teaching is based on a pedagogy inspired by Reggio Emilia and Montessori. Our school stays open to early childhood trends and best practices in both Europe and the United States.
• Planning and implementing curriculum
• Bring engaging and educational ideas and activities into the classroom
• Be able to observe and react positively as well as appropriately to children’s needs
• Supervise students and work collaboratively with all staff to promote a stimulating and safe learning environment
• Supervise assistant teachers, interns and student teachers as needed
• Maintaining a daily routine that is consistent and predictable
• Bring enthusiasm, happiness, energy, excitement and a big smile everyday
• Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Be punctual and reliable
• Daily complete digital log for each student
• Daily classroom cleaning and mealtime preparation
• Diapering and toileting of students
• Attend trainings and professional developments
• Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds and in case of emergency a 40 pound child
• All other duties as assigned
• BA degree or Masters in ECE
• New York State ECE license, or in the processes of obtaining license
• Able to work full-time
• Applicants must have at least 1- 2 years of experience working with children in some capacity.
• Three Reference Letters
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
For more information, please visit https://www.lapetitecolline.org/