Site Coordinator II (Prospect Park YMCA)
Date Posted: 11/08/2018
Salary / Wage: $20.00 P/H
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Job Type: Other
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Prospect Park YMCA is seeking an experienced individual who, under supervision of the Youth & Family Director, will play a critical role in providing academic enhancement and enrichment in the Y Afterschool program, including Holiday Camps. The Site Coordinator will be responsible for providing a safe and positive environment for school-aged children, and provide opportunities for learning, interaction, and academic / personal growth.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of children in the program, by providing close supervision of all activities.
- Promote an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment that embraces the diversity
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Y Afterschool and Y Core programs.
- Maintain accurate program records (participant files, staff files, YS.net data entry, incident / accident / behavior reports, attendance & sign-in / sign-out sheets, and licensing requirements).
- Plan, create and ensure implementation of weekly lesson plans.
- Observe and assess the individual needs of children; handle student related problems.
- Assist parents in finding referrals to proper agencies for evaluations and remediation of children with special needs.
- Monitor and update all required staff training attendance and certifications.
- Ensure that supplies and equipment are available and kept safe.
- Create and maintain a strength-based, youth-focused atmosphere that is consistent and sensitive to the needs of participants with learning, emotional, or behavioral differences.
- Serve as a positive role model for participants.
- Understand, communicate, and model the YMCA’s core values and the goals of the Y Afterschool Program to participants and care givers.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with parents and guardians through regular communication about their child’s strengths and areas of growth.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
- Actively participate in all training sessions and designated meetings.
- College degree in a related field.
- Minimum of one to two years of experience working with youth.
- Current CPR / First Aid / RTE certifications preferred.
- Excellent leadership and hospitality skills.
- Comfortable working with a diverse population.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Site Coordinator” to email@example.com or to:
Prospect Park YMCA
Attn: Jasmine Rosa
357 Ninth Street
Brooklyn, NY 11215
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
New York City’s YMCA | WE’RE HERE FOR GOOD.