Director, Youth & Family (Prospect Park YMCA)
Date Posted: 07/06/2018
Salary / Wage: $60,000.00
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Job Type: Other
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Prospect Park YMCA is seeking an experienced professional to join its leadership team as a Director, Youth & Family. The Director will oversee and provide leadership to the Afterschool, Teen, Holiday, and Summer Camp programs. The Director will also manage off-site programs which include Y Afterschool at Hellenic Classical Charter, P.S. 124, P.S. 200, and P.S. 212.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate staff and volunteers. Ensure staff members complete all Y required training programs.
- Conduct annual staff and participant evaluation, using results to improve service quality.
- Effectively market programs in the community to achieve enrollment targets with a focus on SACC and summer camp.
- Serve as a liaison with school and community partners.
- Regularly review all programs for Association and regulatory compliance. Research, facilitate and build quality programs that provide member satisfaction.
- Work within the community to foster a positive image for the Y and encourage good public relations.
- Assess community needs, develop, and implement new programs. Effectively market programs to the community.
- Develop, track, and manage departmental and government contract budgets, in accordance with Branch, Association, and regulatory compliance. Adhere to Association Youth & Family standards and guidelines.
- Collaborate with Board Members.
- Serve as liaison to YMCA of Greater New York for Youth & Family cabinet.
- Uphold association policies, demonstrate ethical behavior and demonstrates the YMCA’s values.
- Actively participate in all training sessions, designated meetings, and special events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education required; Master’s degree in Education, or Social Work preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years of leadership experience supervising youth and family programs.
- Five to eight years of progressive leadership experience managing youth and family programs strongly desired.
- Knowledge of planning, budgeting, implementing, managing, and evaluating programs.
- First Aid / CPR Certifications.
- Child Abuse Prevention Certification.
- ACA Camp Director trained.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Director, Youth & Family” to email@example.com or to:
Prospect Park YMCA
Attn.: Jamel Davis
357 Ninth Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11215
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
New York City’s YMCA | WE’RE HERE FOR GOOD.