Under the direction of the teacher, the 1:1 Aide will support the inclusion of a special needs child into an integrated classroom by implementing developmentally appropriate, child-centered curriculum which encourages learning through exploration and discovery and promotes the development of a positive self-image.
• Ensure the health, safety and well-being of all children in the program with a focus on the special needs child to which the aide is assigned by providing close supervision during all activities.
• Assist in carrying out stimulating lesson plans promoting exploration, creativity, and discovery.
• Assist in preparing materials and maintaining a clean and safe classroom environment.
• Attend all therapy sessions which the child the aide is assigned to attend.
• Attend all required trainings, supervisory meetings and other professional development workshops.
• Work cooperatively with other teachers, therapists and administrators.
• Ensure that all Bank Street College and NYC Department of Health/Bureau of Day Care guidelines are followed.
• Other duties as assigned by Director.
• Currently enrolled in a college program in education
• Experience working with special needs children preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.