Educational Director/Lead Teacher
Sprinkle Stars Twinkle Incorporated
Date Posted: 05/16/2018
Salary / Wage:
Location: Bronx, New York
Job Type: Leadership / Director
Plans, directs, and coordinates the academic, administrative, and auxiliary activities of school.
- Prepares, maintains, or oversees the preparation and maintenance of attendance, activity, planning, or personnel reports and records.
- Reviews and approves new programs, or recommends modifications to existing programs, submitting program proposals for school board approval as necessary.
- Recommends personnel actions related to programs and services.
- Directs and coordinates activities of teachers, administrators, and support.
- Participates in special education-related activities, such as attending meetings and providing support to special educators throughout the district.
- Organizes and directs committees of specialists, volunteers, and staff to provide technical and advisory assistance for programs.
- Directs and coordinates school maintenance services and the use of school facilities.
- Advocates for new schools to be built, or for existing facilities to be repaired or remodeled.
- Plans and develops instructional methods and content for educational, vocational, or student activity programs.
- Develops partnerships with businesses, communities, and other organizations to help meet identified educational needs and to provide vocational programs.
- Meets with federal, state, and local agencies to keep updated on policies and to discuss improvements for education programs.
- Plans, coordinates, and oversees school logistics programs, such as bus and food services.
- Reviews and interprets government codes, and develops programs to ensure adherence to codes and facility safety, security, and maintenance.
- Collects and analyzes survey data, regulatory information, and data on demographic and employment trends to forecast enrollment patterns and curriculum change needs.
- Coordinates and directs extracurricular activities and programs, such as after-school events and athletic contests.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Master's degree in Early Childhood Education required; Ph.D. preferred
- Experience: 5-7 years' experience as an education administrator preferred
- S95 Certification
- Infant & Child CPR and First Aid Certification
- Bi-Lingual A Plus (French, Spanish, Mandarin)
100 Erskine Place, Ground Floor, Bronx, New York, 10475, UPK@sprinklestarstwinkle.org, 914-413-1041
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Critical thinking
- Public speaking
- Service orientation
- Social perceptiveness
- Judgment and decision making
- Management of personnel resources