Sprinkle Stars Twinkle Incorporated
Date Posted: 05/16/2018
Salary / Wage:
Location: Bronx, New York
Job Type: Teacher
Plans individual and group curriculum and activities to stimulate age appropriate learning, while directing the lessons of other instructors.
- Participates with program director to provide age appropriate learning opportunities for children within a program.
- Provides a coordinated program for a classroom of children integrating all required components including basic care, education, social service, nutrition and parent involvement and education.
- Conducts staff meetings and training sessions in absence of program director.
- Serves as liaison between teachers and program director.
- Identifies and recommends appropriate action for problem resolution.
- Maintains accurate sign-in and sign-out attendance records.
- Assists program director with file maintenance.
- Assists in staff scheduling.
- Assists in ensuring compliance with state licensing regulations regarding adult/child ratio and age and developmentally appropriate activities.
- Schedules and assigns staff breaks and meal periods.
- Serves as liaison between parents and program director.
- Relays information and recommendations to program director.
- Participates in orientation of new staff.
- Identifies potential improvements and enhancements to program and recommends corresponding changes in procedure.
- Gives feedback to program director regarding staff issues.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Experience: At least 5 years' teaching experience preferred
- Bi-Lingual A Plus (French, Spanish, Mandarin)
100 Erskine Place, Ground Floor, UPK@sprinklestarstwinkle.org, 914-413-1041
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Active listening
- Learning strategies