Head Teacher 3s
Date Posted: 05/01/2018
Salary / Wage:
Location: BROOKLYN, New York
Job Type: Teacher
Brooklyn Sandbox in Park Slope, Brooklyn is looking for progressive thinkers, educators who appreciate and hope to inspire the wonder and curiosity in all young children. We value teachers who truly enjoy their time with young children, listen to them and reflect upon the children’s and their own learning.
To support this learning community, we offer extensive professional development opportunities and encourage teachers to collaborate closely and motivate each other to achieve success for everyone.
The Preschool Head Teacher will develop and support an engaging environment that scaffolds an emergent curriculum while meeting the social emotional needs of the children.
Additionally, the Preschool Head Teacher will:
- Encourage and maintain all parent communication to support a strong home-school connection
- Maintain ongoing authentic assessments to monitor each child’s growth
- Create meaningful portfolios for each child
- Actively participate in all professional development opportunities
- Build and support a warm and inclusive classroom and school environment for all children, families and staff
- New York State Teacher Certification in Early Childhood Education Birth-2nd grade or Study Plan eligible
- Demonstrates a commitment to the high standards of NAEYC Code of Ethics
- Prior to onboarding, must obtain Child Abuse Mandated Reporter and Infectious Disease Certifications
- Must be fingerprinted by DOI
- Must pass all clearance checks
- Must participate in 15 hours of Professional Development annually
Please forward a cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com
Brooklyn Sandbox is an EOE