Catholic Charities Community Services
Date Posted: 11/27/2017
Salary / Wage:
Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Other
Part-time Group Leader position for COMPASS Program in NYCHA Rangel Houses. Good opportunity for college students interested in Early child care to gain valuable experience. Schedule is Monday to Friday 3pm - 6pm.
- Day–to–day academic support through STEM activities funded directly by COMPASS program budget
- Support STEM and enrichment educational services, as well as all daily activities
- Execute lesson plans, to be reviewed by the educational advisor.
- Place calls to participants’ guardians/parents regarding events, daily concerns, etc
- Submit monthly observation reports to Program Director.
- Maintain the NYCHA food program paperwork.
- Implement participant incentives.
- Help set-up and break-down assigned areas daily.
- HS Diploma or Equivalency, or College student actively working towards degree (enrolled in college).
- Minimum one (1) year experience working with elementary school age children.