To assist the Group Teacher in preparing and facilitating the educational curriculum for a group of children under his/her care.
Under the supervision of the Group Teacher, the Assistant Teacher is responsible for:
I. COMPLIANCE ADHERANCE
• Helps to create learning centers in the classroom in accordance with ECERS, DOH Article 47, and Head Start Performance Regulations.
• Help develop appropriate limits for children and deals with limit setting in accordance to the Discipline Policy and Procedures and DOH Article 47.
• Observes the schedule of the Center and adhering to its established personnel policies and practices.
II. CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT
• Helps prepare and maintain classroom environment daily.
• Helps to Develop and implement appropriate daily activity schedule.
• Assists and shares responsibility for keeping equipment and materials accessible and in good condition.
• Assists the Group Teacher and the Teacher’s Aide in keeping equipment accessible and in good, clean, sanitized condition.
• Takes responsibility for removing any damaged or unsafe equipment and reporting it to the Center Director or to Maintenance so that necessary actions can be taken.
• Meet and Greet children and families daily.
• Assist Group Teacher in encouraging families to volunteer and participate in their child’s program.
• Assumes responsibility and role of Lead Teacher in the absence of the Group Teacher.
• Assists the Group Teacher to ensure that an appropriate and approved curriculum is implemented for the development and growth of children enrolled.
• Assists the Group Teacher with documentation, input data and record keeping.
• Supervises a given group of children, the Assistant Teacher assists the Group Teacher in developing lesson plans and in the planning and execution of daily program activities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• B.A. Degree in Early Childhood Development or related field with education credits,
• Or A.A Degree in Early Childhood Development,
• Or Child Development Associate Credential (CDA),
• Or 12 College Credits in early childhood or enrolled in College with at least 12 credits in early childhood.
• Computer literate specifically with Microsoft applications required.
• Bilingual a plus but not required
Please forward resume to:
Mrs. S. Vernon-Phoenix