All Our Kin , Inc., a Connecticut-based nationally-recognized, nonprofit organization that trains,
supports, and sustains community child care providers to ensure that children and families have
the foundation they need to succeed in school and in life, seeks an Early Childhood Educational
Coach to provide mentoring, coaching, training, technical assistance and support to family child
care providers in the Bronx, NY. The Educational Coach is supervised by the New York
All Our Kin first opened its doors in a New Haven housing development in 1999 with two staff
members, six mothers, six children, and one core belief: all children deserve access to
high-quality early learning opportunities. Through our programs, family child care professionals
succeed as business owners; working parents find stable, high-quality care for their children;
and our youngest and most vulnerable children receive the early learning experiences that
prepare them to succeed in school and in life. Today, we serve over 400 family child care
providers in New Haven, Bridgeport, Norwalk and Stamford, with a new office opening in New
York City in 2018; these parents and educators in turn serve over 2,400 children in our
community. To learn more about our work, please visit www.allourkin.org .
All Our Kin is embarking on a ground-breaking initiative to expand our reach to New York City.
We are searching for an enthusiastic team player who is looking to make an impact and is
excited about being a part of an effective, growing and dynamic non-profit organization. We
offer competitive salary, a flexible schedule, and the opportunity to work with a team of skilled
and motivated professionals. The Early Childhood Educational Coach will work primarily in the
New York office. This is a full-time position.
~Key responsibilities of the Early Childhood Educational Coach include:
● Offering professional development to help providers improve the quality of their care.
● Visiting providers at home to conduct assessments and offer one-on-one program
support, such as curriculum planning, model lessons, mentoring, coaching, guided
practice and feedback, goal setting, and other support as needed.
● Problem-solving and collaborating with providers to design responsive strategies.
● Linking providers to community resources and supports.
● Designing and facilitating trainings.
● Responding to provider inquiries or requests over email or phone.
● Organizing and attending evening monthly meetings and occasional weekend events.
● Keeping detailed records of all interactions with providers
● Using the Salesforce database and Microsoft Word to record and track data.
● Collaborating with the New York Director and the All Our Kin staff.
Ideal candidates will:
● Be bilingual in Spanish and English.
● Love children and understand principles of early childhood best practice.
● Have an academic background in and experience teaching early childhood education.
● Have extensive experience mentoring teachers and understand adult development.
● Be committed to the goal of making high-quality early care and education available to all
● Value an asset-based approach to change and understand that the process is lengthy
and requires sensitivity, flexibility, respect and commitment.
● Value the collaborative, reflective, and reciprocal nature of coaching.
● Value diversity and demonstrate cultural and linguistic competency.
● Understand and respect the provider’s knowledge about his/her children’s experiences.
● Believe in the All Our Kin mission and model.
● Approach provider development with a growth mindset and believe all providers can
improve, whatever their starting point.
● Use reflective practice strategies and skills.
● Be extremely organized.
● Be flexible.
● Be creative problem solvers.
● Be a team player.
● Have a keen eye for detail and the ability to multitask.
● Be proficient in Excel and Microsoft Word.
● Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
● Have experience working in urban communities.
● Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com
Benefits of working at All Our Kin:
All Our Kin’s small size, focus on innovation, and collaborative model of program development
make it possible for staff members to get a close look at the workings of a growing, high-impact
nonprofit organization at the cusp of two critical issues: job creation and child care. The
organization’s commitment to mentorship and professional development guarantee that each
staff member will receive individual time and attention, and will serve as an integral member of
our highly skilled and mission-driven team.
All Our Kin is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes that diversity and opportunity are
fundamental to children’s lives and to our work.