Grand Street Settlement
Date Posted: 07/28/2017
Salary / Wage: $49,920
Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Teacher
Early Childhood Services
New York, NY
Monday-Friday 8am-3:30pm (or 10:30am-6:00pm)
This position serves as a teacher for a preschool classroom with a direct focus on children, three to four years of age. The teacher will work collaboratively with one other teacher to ensure the successful operation of a classroom with a total of 15-20 children. The teacher also works with a team of other teachers and family members to implement the curriculum to achieve outcomes for children of all abilities.
The teacher will ultimately be evaluated on a combination of skills, dispositions and behaviors, some of which are related to the specific service area of this position and others that represent general expectations of all our program employees. The teacher will demonstrate competency to perform functions that include:
- Child Growth & Development: Uses knowledge of the principles of child growth and development to work with children, collaborate with related service areas, and communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Planning: Develop an individual plan for each child including goal setting based on identified needs and prescriptions for objectives and activities to meet established child outcomes
- Program Implementation: Implement daily lesson plans in response to children’s needs and interests incorporating observations, anecdotal record keeping, knowledge of early childhood development and the key experiences
- Family Partnerships: Establish positive and productive relationships with families focusing on a relationship of trust and rapport
- Communication and Service Coordination: Share pertinent information with Family Advocate ensuring coordinated services to meet the needs of individual children and families. Participate in case conferences as appropriate
- Record Keeping and Reporting: Gather and maintain individual, family and classroom data for documentation, on-going assessment, evaluation and recording keeping for successful individual and program planning
- On-going Monitoring and Self-assessment: Analyze child outcomes on classroom basis twice yearly, consult with education coordinator and make adjustments to curriculum planning and implementation as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree in Early Childhood preferred
- Certified in Early Childhood Education Birth-2
- Basic computer literacy in email, word processing, and internet navigation
- Complete DOI fingerprints, SCR, and Medical before enrolled
Submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills & experience meet the specific components you are applying for. Also provide us with three professional references that we can contact (at least one should be from a former supervisor). Please click on the link provided below, or copy and paste link in a search engine and apply online through our career center.
No phone calls, please.
If selected for this position, applicant must obtain NYC Dept. of Health fingerprint clearance and State Central Registry (SCR) clearance (fees may apply); ability to maintain State Central Registry (SCR) clearance and fingerprint clearance throughout the duration of employment.