Family Child Specialist
Date Posted: 07/26/2017
Salary / Wage:
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Job Type: Other
Overview: The Early Head Start and Family Child Care partnership program provides high quality full-day home-based child care services to children ages 6 weeks to 4 years of age. Following Early Head Start & ACS Early Learn program standards, the program will provide comprehensive early childhood care and education, including health, nutrition, and mental health services. This program is funded through an Early Head Start federal grant and ACS Early Learn contract, and relies on deep collaboration between University Settlement and a large Brooklyn-based organization’s Family Childcare Network.
- Manage a caseload of families and conduct home visits
- Coordinate parent/family involvement with Parent Provider conference workshops and activities
- Take some program-wide responsibilities that may include annual events, parent/child groups, etc.
- Develop consistent, stable and supportive relationships with families and children
- Be part of a team in assessing family needs and child developmental status
- Be part of a team in developing an individualized family/child plan addressing family and child needs
- Provide appropriate services to families/children based on the individualized family plan
- Work closely with families on specific issues and difficulties those individual families are experiencing
- Provide families with appropriate referrals and follow-up with families and service providers on referrals
- Provide workshops to families and staff
- Assist in the recruitment of families
- Assist in developing the Policy Council and other parent support groups
- Maintain proper documentation on families and children
- Other duties as requested by supervisor to fulfill job responsibilities
- BA in Early Childhood Education, Social Work, Human Development or related field
- Knowledge of child development birth to three.
- Two to three years of experience working with families in a supportive and empowering environment.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred