Assistant Director of Child Development and Education
Date Posted: 07/26/2017
Salary / Wage:
Location: NEW YORK, New York
Job Type: Leadership / Director
Overview: The Zero to Three Child Development program integrates Early Head Start and Family Child Care services into a single program that offers full-day home-based child care services, family support services and advocacy to low income pregnant women and families with children under three years of age. The program provides developmentally appropriate home-based child care, home visits to families and family child care providers.
- Coordinate and supervise the work of the staff in developing and maintaining a high quality program in child development, classroom and family child care services
- Oversee services for children with special needs with assigned staff.
- Assist in the development and implementation of staff development training and supervision.
- Supervise all classrooms to ensure compliance with HS Performance Standards and NYCDOHMH regulations
- Provide individual and group supervision to Educational Specialist staff
- Develop and supervise the implementation of the Creative Curriculum in the family day care home-based programs
- Provide infant/mental health training and guidance to staff and families
- Administer developmental assessments for children and provide written reports to staff with anticipatory guidance and follow-up plan
- Assist staff in identifying family needs and child developmental status
- Assist staff in developing an individualized family plan that will enhance the development of the child and promote a positive relationship between parent and child
- Assist staff in assessing parent-child relationship and provide appropriate guidance acknowledging family and cultural influences.
- Maintain all necessary documentation
- Assist in program evaluation and community assessment
- Other duties as requested by supervisor to fulfill job responsibilities.
- Masters in Early Childhood Education, Infant/Toddler Development, Developmental Psychology or related field with specialization in infant/toddler development
- Five years experience working with families and children prenatal to three years of age
- Three years experience supervising staff
- Ability to write and speak Spanish and/or Chinese preferred
Contact: Submit cover letter and resume: